Monday 24 March 2014

Fitness update!

Hey there lovely people.

Just a quick update, two mondays ago I signed up to the local ladies gym, and since I have been 9 times (and I shall be going later) I think it's becoming an addiction but the good kind. I havn't really come up with a plan yet, but I will for next week. I used this week as just trying to get back into it and getting used the equipment etc.

Before I started, I knew how much I weighed, and I will be honest I am not proud but I weigh (ed) 11 st 8lbs. Even though I am about 5ft 8 (ish) it does mean that my BMI is normal which is great. I will be honest with you, before this started I wasn't that bothered about the weight loss, it was more about toning and getting muscle and hopefully strength. But before I joined this gym, I went for my free week at the local "Curves" another I don't want to say "gym" so lets say place of workout.

So my first and only visit to this place, I was shocked, as it was tiny, with only about 12 stations, no treadmills, no weights, just these stations that work by, Resistance? Not sure if that's the right word, as I have a feeling I have just made that up haha. So started by filling in my personal details and all that, then you get weighed, measure your height and then your "body fat" %. I am sure I have seen these things on TV and its a big egg shape dome you sit in, whereas this one was just a little hand held thing which I think works by measuring the water content or something like that, my friend told me and now I kinda forget. Anyway so you put in your height weight and age, and I found out I had a 42 % body fat! Which I was offended, I was like almost half of me is fat!

What insulted me the most, was I was watching a weight loss programme (with obese families) and this one woman, who was alot smaller in height than me, but was also at least 10st over weight! I cant remember the exact amount. But her body fat was 46%, only 4% more than me! How? I'm not 10st over weight, my BMI is normal and I don't have a massive arse and belly hanging out everywhere! So I can only presume the woman who gave me my % was lying or done it wrong!

Anyway, I have also been doing these AB and SQUAT challenges, where basically you so so many squats, sit up, crunches, leg raises and planks each day, increasing each time. So I have these going and the gym! I am feeling good! But although its probably too soon to say, but I would recommend that people at least give these challenges ago! Its crazy how many more sit ups I can do now than when I started. If you would like to look at mine then check out my instragram or twitter, details should be at the side some where on here. If not just google it I am sure there are loads of them!

I think that's all for now, I will try soon to give you another update and tell you if I have lost anything :) Hope so I want high waisted shorts to wear for WWE in May!


Stay golden and beautiful :)

Abbie


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment